"Everything in Life is Vibration" - Albert Einstein
Comhcheol Arts and Wellness is based in West Donegal. It brings together yoga, art, music, technology and play to weave an innovative approach to wellness.
( 'Comhcheol' means musical harmony, literally 'music together'.)
Scroll down for current news.
News (September 2018)
Loyalty Scheme: Every class you attend at the Cois Locha Wellbeing Hub will earn you an
attendance stamp. A full card is worth €10 off your next class cycle! (In effect, these stamps makes a pre-paid class cost just €8)
Pregnancy & Birth Yoga Workshop, Sat Oct 27th @ 2pm - 5.30pm, €35 incl. food
Positive Birth Movement Meeting - Oct 27th @ 12pm, Cois Locha Wellbeing Hub, Gweedore Rd., Dungloe.
Current News, Yoga and Digital Classes
- Yoga Classes continue in the Cois Locha Wellbeing Hub, Gweedore Rd., Dungloe
Yoga for Body and Mind @ 7pm (beginners & improvers) Thursdays
Yin & Restorative Yoga @ 8pm Fridays (€30/3, €12 drop-in, Loyalty discounts)
- Pregnancy Yoga @ 6pm Fridays from Sept 14th (€15/class prebooking essential)
- Yoga, with Fibrofriends beginning at Cois Locha Friday 19th Oct. DLDC-funded. Bookings through Rosses CDP 074 9561686
- Yoga @ Dolmen Centre, Kilclooney, Mondays @ 10.15am continues through to December. Bookings through Downstrands Family Resource Centre on 0749545879
- Next Positive Birth Movement meeting, October 27th, Community Wellbeing Hub @12pm.
Please register your interest to have these FREE birth positivity meetings in your area of Co. Donegal.
- Comhcheol Arts ad Wellness is coordinating First Fortnight's first outing in Co. Donegal. First Fortnight is a national festival of arts and mental health. Save the date Jan 11th for the Balor Theatre, Ballybofey and Jan 9th for Leabharlann Ghaoth Dobhair.
- Maria has volunteered as a presenter with Donegal Mind Wellness and helped deliver the Stress Control course just completed in Gweedore Day Centre. (Stress Control is a free-to-attend Cognitive Behavioural Therapy based course developed by Jim White and funded by Majella O'Donnell. Courses run regularly throughout the county. )
Currently taking bookings for Beoga Youth Wellbeing workshops co-facilitated by Maria Coleman and Linda Ní Ghallchóir. (LÁMHA) have run this school year in Pobalscoil Ghaoth Dobhair, PCC Falcarragh and also Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmuida, Arranmore as well as a workshop with students from Finn Valley College, Stranorlar. We also had a chair yoga version of the workshop as part of the Healthy Ireland initiative in Leabharlann Ghaoth Dobhair in January. See below for brochure.
Bookings open for the Beoga Youth Wellbeing Programme.
- Internet Safety Classes now being offered.
- Digital Skills for Citizens courses are continuing. Contact me if your club, community group or venue wish to host this FREE 10 hour course that aims to get 'off-liners' online. A special summer course looks to concentrate on internet safety skills for parents. A special 3 evening course is available for Small Business owners. This course is funded by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment and administered through Roscommon Leader Partnership.
LÁMHA 's 'Digital Wellness' event ran in Leabharlann Ghaoth Dobhair in January. Info here.
FREE Digital Skills for Small Business Owners beginning on September 10th @ 6pm
This course is suitable for beginners and improver and involves 10 hrs training over three evenings. Pre-booking essential o879667142
Comhcheol Arts and Wellness ran this Digital Design course in Ionad an Mhachaire in June. Contact me if you or your business wish to learn how to use FREE software to design posters, create and update your own website and make a still-image video. More information here.
Maria speaking/teaching yoga at the Lets Talk Autism Conference at Jackson's Hotel. Having taught as a music teacher in St.Paul's Special School Beaumont, and also worked with children there to develop her Body Response System (interactive digital art work), she has a huge interest in arts and movement interventions for autism and informed by her yoga teaching she is researching the subject with a view to publishing an article.